Save the date for these scheduled events for our 8th graders:
- Thursday, June 21 – 8th grade trip to Canobie Lake Park, 8:30am–2:30pm – $50
- Thursday, June 21 – 8th grade Moving On party, 7:00pm–9:00pm, Brown cafeteria/gym – $10
- Friday, June 22 – Moving On Ceremony, Students & families report at 8:00am, program begins promptly at 8:15am*, Newton South Field House. Click here for Answers to Frequently asked Questions about the Moving on Ceremony. *Program should end at about 9:30am
- Class Gift – in the past this included benches for the patio, educational games for the advisory program and this year we are considering updates to the Brown gymnasium lobby – $10
*Permission slips and payments for activities are due on or before Thursday, JUNE 14*
Moving On Activities
Canobie Lake Park Trip: Thursday, June 21, 8:30am – 2:30pm
To attend the Canobie Lake trip, your child must submit a permission slip. Click HERE to download the permission slip. The trip is chaperoned by teachers and has become a traditional rite of passage for 8th graders! The cost of the trip is $50, which includes admission to the park and the bus fee.
Moving On Party: Thursday, June 21, 7:00pm-9:00pm
No tickets will be sold at the door and only 8th grade Brown students may attend. Tickets are $10, and the price includes food, refreshments, and music. Proper attire is required (School Dress Code) . Click HERE to purchase tickets. Volunteers are needed for the graduation party and set up on Thursday. If you can help, please click HERE to sign up.
Moving On Ceremony: Friday, June 22, 8:00am
The Moving On ceremonies will be held in the Newton South Field House. Students must arrive by 8:00am to line up alphabetically by team color. Ceremony will begin promptly at 8:15am. Parking may be available in the parking lots closest to the tennis courts at Newton South, however school is still in session there, so best bet is to park at Oak Hill or Brown and walk over. Ceremony is estimated at 90 minutes. More Questions, visit the FAQ page.
Class Gift Contribution
We are asking for a suggested donation of $10 per student to be used for a Class of 2018 Glass Gift. This class gift will be selected by Principal John Jordan. Click HERE to donate.
No student will be refused admission to any of the end- of-year activities due to an inability to pay. Scholarships are available—please send a confidential email to Principal John Jordan at email@example.com, or contact your team teacher.
Please consider making an extra donation to our 8th grade scholarship fund for students whose families are facing financial hardship. Click HERE to make a donation.
Payments can be made online by clicking HERE or by check made out to Brown PTO and turned into the school office. (Please specify “8th Grade Events” in the memo line.)
$50 – Canobie Lake Trip
$10 – Graduation Party
$10 – Class Gift Donation
We hope your child can join us for all these events to celebrate 3 terrific years at Brown Middle School!
What you need to do now: 8th grade parents checklist
- Sign up your child for the Canobie Lake trip and/or the Moving On party by making a payment online HERE or by check made out to Brown PTO and turned in to the School Office. (Canobie Lake: $50; Graduation Party: $10; Suggested class gift donation: $10). In case of financial hardship, please email Principal Jordan.
- Complete and turn in the Canobie Lake permission slip by June 14.
- Volunteer for the Moving on Party Thursday June 21 – various shifts – SIGN UP HERE.
- Visit the FAQ page for the Moving on Ceremony
- SMILE! You child is almost done with Middle School – Congrats!