Our annual Brown Book Fair will be held Wednesday, May 30 – Friday, June 1, in the main lobby. Students and parents/guardians will be able to visit the Book Fair during school hours and during the Orchestra & Chorus concert on Wednesday night.
Volunteer at the Book Fair
Sign up to volunteer at the fair!
It’s a great chance to observe kids during class visits and interact with other parents. Parents, kids, and teachers will be able to stock up on summer reading and other great titles. Proceeds from all sales support the Brown PTO.
Summer Reading 2018
Required summer reading books for Brown Middle School, by incoming grade:
- 6th Grade Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
- 7th Grade will have a choice between Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly or The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- 8th Grade We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
- 9th Grade – Newton South One School, One Question
- Hyperbola and a Half by Allie Brosch
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Teacher Wish Bags
English and Literacy Specialist Teachers will have a chance to preview the stacks before the fail opening, filling their wish tote bags with the titles they would like to have in their classroom libraries.
Consider donating a book – it’s a gift that will keep on giving for years to come. Simply look for your child’s teacher green bag, pull out a book you would like to give, and sign the gift label. Your support will be much appreciated!