We need Cultural Leaders for the Brown PTO ELL Committee. The role of a Cultural Leader is to help our English Language Learner families feel welcome in the Brown community by answering their questions about school and doing occasional translations of information for the PTO and teachers. Time commitment is about 1.5 hours per month.
If you speak and or write in any of the following languages, Arabic, Turkish, French or Vietnamese, and would like to help, email Kerry Prasad email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org نحن بحاجة إلى مترجم عربي! يرجى إرسال بريد إلكتروني إلى
Besoin d’un locuteur français! Veuillez envoyer un courriel à Kerry Prasad email@example.com
Türkçe konuşmacı gerekli! Lütfen Kerry Prasad firstname.lastname@example.org adresine e-posta gönderin
Cần người nói tiếng Việt! Vui lòng gửi email đến Kerry Prasad email@example.com
We are reinventing Back to School Night this year to be held remotely. The goal of our Back to School Night is to share with families a curricular overview and information regarding the team and how they are working to support students in this unusual environment. They will also share specifics regarding expectations and technology platforms such as schoology.
Teams will hold zoom meetings with parents by grade level on the following dates:
Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 7PM – 8th grade teams (Turquoise, Emerald & Orange)
Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 7PM – 7th grade teams (Green, Blue & Teal)
Thursday, Oct. 22 at 7PM – 6th grade teams (Red, Purple, Coral)
Team teachers will be sending the zoom links to these meetings the week before the event.
Families of students in our Metco Program: We will have a 30 minute meet and greet prior to the team zoom meetings listed above with our administrators and Metco counselor, Gillian vanDelft. Links will be shared the week before the meeting.
Multi-team teachers (World language, Physical Education & Health, Fine and Applied Arts) will be creating videos to share their curriculum overview and expectations along with contact information so you may reach them with any questions you have. These videos will be shared by the teachers during the week of October 19.
The year the Brown PTO will publish a digital directory for use by the Brown community. To make sure we have your correct contact information, please read the following important information and follow the link to add or edit your information.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to https://brownpto.membershiptoolkit.com
- Click on the Register/Login button.
- If you already have an account with another organization that uses Membership Toolkit you can use the same email and password to login. You can then proceed to the numbered steps below.
- Select “Create Account” and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click “verify my email” and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process:
- Complete/Update the Parent/Family and Student Information. Please note if there are needed changes and you do not make them via the confirmation process, your information will appear in the directory as it did last year.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
- Once these forms are complete, you will be given access to the online directory. The online version is secure and can only be accessed by authorized members of the Brown community.
Once the Primary Account is set up, the Primary User can “invite” other email addresses to access his/her account. This allows the Secondary User to have their own login information, but still have access to the family account.
If you have a 2-household family, each household can have a separate account. Child(ren) in that household will be listed twice in the family portion of the directory, with each families’ respective information.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org