8th Grade Families: Please read on for details on all upcoming events for our graduates.
Student Party, Tuesday, June 21st, 3-5pm at Brown Middle School
- This party is for students only
- Pizza, donuts, snacks and drinks will be served
- Green screen photo booth with souvenir pictures
- Lawn games and music from DJ Shelley Cullen!
- Late bus at 4:15pm will be running. All students must be picked up by 5pm.
- If you are contributing food items for the party, you may drop off on Monday, 6/20 (anytime) or Tuesday, 6/21 (AM) at the following locations:
Homes/porches of Sangeeta Jathar (25 Wallace St.) or Alison Callahan (11 Virginia Rd.) *Please text when you drop off* Sangeeta Jathar (617) 512-0407, Alison Callahan (917) 862-1649
If dropping Tuesday, June 21st (AM), please leave items in the Brown Teachers’ lounge (ask directions from office)
- If you are bringing games, please drop off at school, day of, an hour or so before 3pm on the grass in front of Brown (to the left when facing Brown). PLEASE LABEL ANYTHING YOU ARE LENDING!!! If you are not able to drop off day of at the school, lawn games can be dropped off at Sangeeta and Alison’s homes as well.
Canobie Lake Park Trip, Thursday, June 23rd
- Students need to be at school by 8:15 and go directly to the buses (not into school). School buses should get them here on-time. Attendance will be taken at the buses.
- Students should bring lunch or money to buy lunch / a snack at the park.
- Families should pay attention to the weather to determine appropriate clothing. There are some water rides, your student may choose to bring/wear a swimsuit and towel in a drawstring backpack or wear clothing which dries quickly.
- Brown teachers will be throughout the park – speak to any of them or a park employee if you need help. Behavioral expectations are the same as for any school activity.
- Buses will leave Canobie in time to be back at Brown for the 3:00 buses.
Moving On Ceremony, Friday, June 24th, 10:00-11:00am
- The ceremony will be held on the NSHS football field (if rain, the ceremony will be held in the NSHS field house). School dismissal is at 11:20AM.
- Parking will be tight due to Oak Hill’s moving on ceremony- please plan accordingly
- Students are invited to dress up for the ceremony
- Students’ families and their guests should bring chairs and/or blankets to sit on during the ceremony. Seating for families is on the football field.
- Students will be seated in the bleachers
- A photographer will be taking a picture of each graduate as they receive their diploma
Click HERE to be directed to the 8th grade Moving On Activities page on our website for full details on all upcoming activities.
Looking forward to a fun and exciting last week of school!