The latest announcements from the Principal, PTO, and NPS...
Click here to view Principal Lysaght’s latest post.
We Need Your Help To
Continue Our Vibrant PTO
The Brown PTO is an all-volunteer run group of engaged and supportive parents and caregivers. Parent involvement is the single most important thing parent groups do. Schools with involved parents enjoy better morale among teachers, a strong community and enriching learning environment.
Your help is welcomed & greatly appreciated whether it’s a little or a bit more. The goal is to create a great relationship between the parents and staff at Brown that will benefit our children!
Even if you:
- Work full time
- Work part time
- Like to do one task and done
- Aren’t a “People Person”
- Haven’t volunteered before
…we have just the right volunteer opportunity for you.
Brown PTO Committees – Click Here to Learn More
Brown PTO Board Positions: Click Here to Learn More
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our last teacher appreciation event of the year will take place on June 24th. The PTO is sponsoring lunch from DePasquale’s- sandwiches and sides. As an additional token of appreciation, please consider writing a general short note of thanks, which we will display at the luncheon. Notes can be parent and/or student created, store-bought or handmade. Once completed, please have you/your student drop thank you notes off in the front office in the basket provided. THANK YOU in advance for supporting our wonderful teachers and staff as we all wrap up this school year!
Sign up HERE to write a thank you note.
Please drop off notes by end of the day, Thursday, June 23rd.
8th Grade Families: Please read on for details on all upcoming events for our graduates.
Student Party, Tuesday, June 21st, 3-5pm at Brown Middle School
- This party is for students only
- Pizza, donuts, snacks and drinks will be served
- Green screen photo booth with souvenir pictures
- Lawn games and music from DJ Shelley Cullen!
- Late bus at 4:15pm will be running. All students must be picked up by 5pm.
- If you are contributing food items for the party, you may drop off on Monday, 6/20 (anytime) or Tuesday, 6/21 (AM) at the following locations:
Homes/porches of Sangeeta Jathar (25 Wallace St.) or Alison Callahan (11 Virginia Rd.) *Please text when you drop off* Sangeeta Jathar (617) 512-0407, Alison Callahan (917) 862-1649
If dropping Tuesday, June 21st (AM), please leave items in the Brown Teachers’ lounge (ask directions from office)
- If you are bringing games, please drop off at school, day of, an hour or so before 3pm on the grass in front of Brown (to the left when facing Brown). PLEASE LABEL ANYTHING YOU ARE LENDING!!! If you are not able to drop off day of at the school, lawn games can be dropped off at Sangeeta and Alison’s homes as well.
Canobie Lake Park Trip, Thursday, June 23rd
- Students need to be at school by 8:15 and go directly to the buses (not into school). School buses should get them here on-time. Attendance will be taken at the buses.
- Students should bring lunch or money to buy lunch / a snack at the park.
- Families should pay attention to the weather to determine appropriate clothing. There are some water rides, your student may choose to bring/wear a swimsuit and towel in a drawstring backpack or wear clothing which dries quickly.
- Brown teachers will be throughout the park – speak to any of them or a park employee if you need help. Behavioral expectations are the same as for any school activity.
- Buses will leave Canobie in time to be back at Brown for the 3:00 buses.
Moving On Ceremony, Friday, June 24th, 10:00-11:00am
- The ceremony will be held on the NSHS football field (if rain, the ceremony will be held in the NSHS field house). School dismissal is at 11:20AM.
- Parking will be tight due to Oak Hill’s moving on ceremony- please plan accordingly
- Students are invited to dress up for the ceremony
- Students’ families and their guests should bring chairs and/or blankets to sit on during the ceremony. Seating for families is on the football field.
- Students will be seated in the bleachers
- A photographer will be taking a picture of each graduate as they receive their diploma
Click HERE to be directed to the 8th grade Moving On Activities page on our website for full details on all upcoming activities.
Looking forward to a fun and exciting last week of school!
Further Questions? Please contact either Alison Callahan or Sarah Housman.